time for a bit of a brain dump, wouldn't you say? i think so...
1. i bought alfalfa sprouts at the store last weekend and i have been loving them up on my sandwiches this week. i've been trying to finish a loaf of bread i have in my fridge (sidenote: do you guys refrigerate bread? i never did growing up but now that i'm in charge of killing a loaf on my own i can't finish the thing before it molds if i don't put it in the fridge) so sandwiches have been the name of the game and i'm loving alfalfa sprouts...except for every once in a while when a bite tastes almost exactly like dirt. THAT i am not a fan of.
2. this song came on my rihanna pandora the other day and it took me back. i was all about this song back in the day and it reminds me so much of when i was living in chicago during my first year of teaching. i proceeded to sing and rap the entire thing (NOT silently) while on the treadmill at the gym. would this have been less embarrassing in private? yes. but i needed to prove to myself that i still knew all the words so public humiliation was a small price to pay...in case you're worried, i still do. that doesn't necessarily mean i know what a stack on deck is exactly but that is neither here nor there (JK i totally am hip and sort of young and i know what that means).
3. these luna fiber bars have been my jam this week. i'm all about trying new bars (you know since my laziness took over and i can do nothing more for an afternoon snack than eat a granola bar) and when i saw these i grabbed a bunch. the chocolate raspberry is my favorite but the vanilla blueberry was good too. they're not going to replace my beloved original luna bars but they were a nice way to mix it up this week.
4. to say i am excited about notre dame going to the bcs championship is like saying that kim getting pregnant before khloe is a tad bit sad (I WEEP FOR KHLOE). in other words, just in case you don't speak kardashian, i am SO EXCITED I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF. and not just for the chance to see most of my family and tex, though that's incredibly thrilling as well. i leave saturday for miami and i am jumping out of my skin to hit the road. two of my brothers and elvis are flying down from chicago and we're meeting in south florida. tex and his family are also going to the game, so i'm looking forward to seeing them as well. monday night i'll be watching notre dame hopefully kill alabama in the national championship. as long as you're not a crimson tide fan, please wish us luck.
5. i've been having friend dates galore this week. jess and i had a running and dinner date last night. after we pounded out our 3 mile training run and did a 4 minute plank circuit, she helped me get rid of some of the stuff i have in my fridge. i feel like i travel so much i'm in a constant state of trying to eat all the food i have before it goes bad. we also had some much needed catch-up time which i needed more than i even thought. thank god for weeknight dinner dates. richard and i are going out to dinner tonight which does nothing to diminish my fresh produce supply but will do wonders for my happiness level because nothing makes me cheerful like hanging out with my favorite curly treat.
i hope your fridays are fast because despite the fact that this was only a three day work week, it has felt brutally long to me.